As a leader, every conversation matters. How can you ensure that all your interactions with your staff are effective, focused, and produce the results you intend?
This program will raise your self-awareness about the language you use, the manner in which you communicate and your capacity to LEAD effectively.
This program draws on the facilitator’s broadly credentialed coaching experience, including the principles of Cognitive and Growth Coaching, and will allow participants to develop effective processes and strategies for building the capacity of their staff through powerful coaching conversations.
- Examine and develop an understanding of the need to minimize bias
- Understand and develop the capacity to establish and maintain Trust and Rapport in conversation with others
- Focus on understanding, and then building the capacity to Coach with Compassion– based on Cognitive Coaching, Growth Coaching and fierce conversations models
- Understand the differences between Planning, Reflective and Feedback conversations, and be able to move between these modalities as needed
- Develop Questioning, Pausing and paraphrasing techniques.
Ongoing Application: Participants will engage in a leadership inquiry based in their local school context
This program makes explicit connections to several of the PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS FOR EDUCATIONAL LEADERS (2015) (Previously the ISLLC Standards) Professional Standards for Educational Leaders
STANDARD 6. Professional Capacity of School Personnel
STANDARD 7. Professional Community for Teachers and Staff
STANDARD 10. School Improvement